Building a community of practitioners skilled in the data management profession.
Upcoming Friday Meetings in 2020
- Sep 11th DAMA: to be determined
- Nov 20th Data Governance-SI Group: Case study major African bank used DAMA Book of Knowledge as the baseline to start their Data Governance journey
- Nov 20th DAMA: 1) Vancouver Coastal Health – quality-driven decision support 2) Smart city panel (ICTC)
Please keep your ideas coming in for presentations you would like to see at future events.
What is Data Management ?
Data Management is the development of architectures, policies, practices and procedures to manage the data life cycle. (DAMA International)
” In most organizations, systems and data evolve more organically than data management professionals would like. Particularly, large organizations, various projects and initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, and other business activities result in multiple systems executing essentially the same functions, isolated from each other. These conditions inevitably lead to inconsistencies in data structure and data values between systems. This variability increases costs and risks. Both can be reduced through the management of Master Data and Reference Data. ” DAMA-DMBoK
- Reference Data Management (RDM) enables organizations to centralize reference data codes.
- Master Data Management (MDM) is a discipline in which the business and the IT organization work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, semantic persistence, stewardship and accountability of the enterprise’s official, shared master data.
- Data Integration
- Data Analytics
We’re always looking for the community’s support to help push our campaign further than we could ever imagine. Volunteer today and be a part of change.
This is a feature block that you can use to highlight features.